Saturday 16 August 2014
Registration 9:30am to 10am
Welcome & Scene Setting 10am to 10:15am
How the day works. The Award Categories. The Challenge Series and Prizes. Handy things to know.
Discover the Data 10:15am – 10:30am
What’s in the core datasets. How to navigate it. Gotchas and interesting things to play with.
Introductions & Project Ideas 10:30am – 11:00am
Roundup of who’s in the room, the skills and talent at hand, and the project ideas that people are interested in progressing over the day.
Teams and Plans 11am – 12pm
Teams form around project ideas, and work out what they are aiming to get done by the end of the day.
Design, Hack & Build 12pm to 7pm
With 1:30pm Lunch, 4:30pm Refreshments.
Progress and help checkpoints throughout.
Show’n’Tell & Awards 7pm – 8pm
Roundup from each team, with award categories for:
- Most Ingenious Data Hack – the most cunning, penny-dropping, hack idea of the weekend.
- Most Viable Product – the prototype with the best potential to be a real, financially sustainable product.
- Best Core Contribution – don’t want to build a product, but want to help make better data sets? Invaluable.
- Best Mobile Experience – not just a mobile app, but something that is conceived and built, from ground up, to be used in the mobile context.
- Most Elegant Design – seamless integration between form and function, eliminating the friction between the data and its user
- Most Awesome Civic Insight – revealing new insight to appreciate the city